Sunday at home

    2.9 miles today, but I'm going to have to dig out the knee brace. Still, yay for me!  Walking on the weekend lets me discover neighborhood garage sales.  I picked up two new baskets (as if I need more baskets) from a free box.  AND, I met a sweet monster of a malamute.  He was at least a yard high at the shoulder, and his coat was about six inches deep.  And STINK?  He was one whiffy puppy!

    Over by the school, a young fellow was watering his garden, and I asked him to give me a spritz.  He laughingly obliged.  It felt SOOO good.

    I walked through that vacant lot on 32nd.  I had forgotten how vast it is.  At least three full-sized lots, just sitting empty and growing grass.  Wonder who owns it.  It's been empty and vacant for 25 years now.  And up on 34 just off that street is the house with the persimmon tree in the front yard.  Wonder if they might be open to sale or trade?

    I continue feasting on our figs. They are ripening oddly, though. Many of them are fermenting on the tree.  

    As I was walking today, I was thinking about how I have been exhorting people to write down their Covid experiences, but I haven't actually had any.  Masking up to go out in public and having a good excuse to avoid other people scarcely counts as remarkable experiences.  Maybe it's the unremarkable that counts.  When this first hit, back in March, I sewed over a hundred masks and gave them to friends and family.  I have come to prefer the snout-shaped masks with strips of t-shirt knit for ties.  I may whip up another mask with lace on it to wear to my geriatric yoga class.  
    When this first started, I thought that designer masks would be the must-have Christmas gift this year.  Looks like I'll be right. In Oregon, the number of new reported cases almost doubled in the month of July.  Some of this may be attributed to the fact that more people are getting tested, even though we are still being told that unless you need medical care, you should just stay home if you get sick.  It's the folks who are asymptomatic that are likely spreading it.  But it IS mandatory that everyone wear a mask inside public places.

    And as for the downtown riots, they seem to be settling down now that the Feds have left the building.  The peaceful protesters are thwarting the assholes.  YAY!

Instead, drive-by shootings are escalating wildly.  SO glad we live out in the burbs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a cold. Just a cold.