Fairhaven

    I opened the door this morning and discovered that it had just started to rain. The smell of the earth when the rain starts is called petrichor. I inhaled petrichor till I was dizzy. It's one of my favorite fragrances, right up there with baking bread, frying onions, and lavender. So, on today's walk, I focussed on smells. The flowers, like roses, exhale best after a long hot afternoon, but in the rain, other aromas rise to the nose. Russian sage is especially clean and sharp. And the glory bower tree I passed under seemed to have distilled its perfume to linger under the leaves. I could swoon with the tropical sweetness of it all. 2.3 miles today. On the virtual challenge, I am up to Fairhave, Victoria, Australia. They have an awesome beach, and a Bed and Breakfast with a house on a pole, called, oddly enough, the Pole House.

    Yesterday, Chrysalis celebrated Earrings day. (not a proper holiday. Just our own fun thing to do. Since we are zooming, crazy socks day wouldn't work because few of us are limber enough to get our socks up to camera height.) For a bunch of matronly intellectuals, we have some awesome earrings. And many dames were surprised to discover that their ears had grown closed. Sharon was still able to wear two sets of earrings, but Carolyn had gone from 3 hole to only one. Next month, we may try scarf day. such fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday at home

It's a cold. Just a cold.