Another 2,2 miles today.  If we ever get chased by aliens or zombies or something, just leave me with explosives and a deadman switch, because I'll just slow you down.  Still, it all adds up and I have completed 5% of my journey.  I haven't caught sight of the ocean yet, but I am coming up on the angelsea landfill right now.

    As for the route today, I just kind of wandered.  It was overcast and cool, and I almost needed something over my ears.  I do enjoy walking through our neighborhood, though.  Older houses with well-grown yards, brand-new monster houses taking up the entire lot, with no yard to take care of, well-grown old trees and freshly planted landscapes.  Little kids waving from the windows, people who are happy to let me pet their dogs, cats watching my passage with great disdain, and oh, so many folks keeping chickens.  There's a house down on 42nd that has groomed their yard to a fair-thee-well this summer.  tomatoes and clematis and herbs all over.  Climbing roses.  Stepping stones and a tiki hut with a swing to enjoy the lazy afternoons.  Beautiful!

I love my neighborhood!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday at home

It's a cold. Just a cold.