Grand Pacific Hotel

 2.2 miles on my virtual tour of the Great Ocean Road. I have made it to Lorne, and I want to stay at the grand Pacific Hotel. It's a vintage colonial style with lacey iron railings along the verandas making it look like Miss Havisham's wedding cake. And such views it has! If I were to stay there, I would also go have lunch at the Swing Bridge Cafe which has pictures of some awesome looking pub grub. Portobello mushroom grilled with two eggs inside and garnished with fried onions. YUM!


One of the delightful things I have noticed about these ocean views is the magnificent cloudscapes. Giant fat squally thunderheads floating in a blue sky over a blue sea. Around here, clouds usually are more like layers of lint. But those Australian clouds are sculptural. There are rubicund goddesses lounging atop those pillowy mounds, and at the bottom, torrents of rain hammering remorselessly down on an ocean that can't be bothered to notice such nuisances.

My walk would have been longer, but I proved the old adage that one should never trust a fart. and I just feel puny anyhow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday at home

It's a cold. Just a cold.